Rahul Gandhi was born on 19th June 1970 and he has turned 47 year- old- today we are going to tell you some interesting facts about him. He is the great grandson of Prime Minister of independent India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, grandson of the first women Prime Minister Smt. Indira Gandhi and son of Mr. Rajeev Gandhi who was the youngest Prime Minister of India. He has a huge responsibility on his shoulders to do justice to the great lineage and to take it forward efficiently.
- In the eminent Nehru-Gandhi family, he is the fifth generation politician.
- He has earned an M.Phill degree from Trinity College.
- He started his career at a Management consulting firm, the monitor group in London.
- He is one of the most outspoken politicians which usually gets him into a lot of trouble. His comments and interviews often stir controversies around him.
- He is accused of doing publicity stunts when he goes to meet victim’s family or to meet farmers at the protest. He got arrested several times while doing so.
- He has made a virtual office in his blackberry and he is one of the politicians to promote the use of technology for efficient work.
- He is speculated to be in the run for the position of Prime Minister in future.
- He was also alleged to be dating an Afghan Princess in 2012 but she married an Egyptian king in 2013.
- “My friend with whom I played killed my grandmother,” said Rahul Gandhi while recalling the life of Indira Gandhi.
- His frequent foreign trips and mystery travels have raised speculations on him being married to a foreigner.
Many eminent personalities wished Mr Gandhi today on Twitter. PM Narendra Modi Tweeted “Birthday greetings to the Congress Vice President, Shri Rahul Gandhi. I pray for his long and healthy life. @OfficeOfRG.”
I wrote this article for One World News, check it out on this link Birthday Special – OWN